You are struggling with identity as you find yourself in new social circles, new academic settings, or new workplace environments. You may be questioning some of the earlier beliefs and values that you learned and have been ingrained since childhood.
This conflict, while a normal and healthy part of transitioning through young adulthood, can bring up feelings that could contribute to mental health issues such as anxiety or depression.
Are you wondering:
Who do I want to be and what are my values?
What do I want to do with my life?
Why am I still living at home?
Can I succeed on my own and what are my fears and worries about being independent?
Are my values different from that of my parents and what are they?
What are my goals, personally and professionally?
Therapy During Young Adulthood Can Help
At Marin Wellness Counseling we understand these struggles and can help you make sense of your experience and what you are feeling. We will help you develop skills to deal and cope with stressful or difficult situations.
Transitions are a normal part of life, but there are certain times that feel like they are more intense. This can come for young adults who are moving out of their family’s home, attending college, starting full-time work, changing careers, getting in and out of long-term relationships, becoming parents (or deciding not to have children), marriage and divorce.
This is a time in your life when you begin to recognize family dynamics that you are bringing into your own friendships, intimate relationships or parenting.
Even for a successful and accomplished young person, it is common for struggles to surface around depression, anxiety and substance use and other forms of addiction.
Let’s Get Started
We Can Help You Cope With Anxiety, Depression, Anger Management and More:
- Learn how to manage stress in a healthy way for a positive impact on professional and personal life.
- Exploring worries and fears and how to not let them control your life.
- Exploring and identifying a belief system, who you want to be and how to get there.
- Making connection between vulnerability leading to increased intimacy and an openness in relationships.
- Process issues that surface at work and face in work environment to explore and identify goals and desires for your professional life.
- Clarify and integrate who you are as a person in all of your different contexts, your family, your culture, your community, your friendships and your career.
Young Adult Therapy in Corte Madera, CA
Marin Wellness Counseling specializes in young adult therapy for depression, anxiety anger management and more in Corte Madera, CA. We also serve San Rafael, Novato, Sausalito, and the rest of Marin County.